Abbey...

Monday, April 5, 2010

Resurrection (Easter) Run

April 4, 2010;
Today I met with the usual "Easter Sunrise" folks to watch the sunrise atop Horsetooth rez. And while the temperatures were somewhat warmer than last year it was still a little chilly! though no snow. Yet.

This was also to be my last long run before heading off to Boston as well and I wanted it to be hilly, which of course I got my wish. Today, as well as yesterday when we ran around the rez as well.

Making it to the top of the road with about 10 minutes to spare it was a cloudy, overcast morning
which would put a hamper on an otherwise nice sunrise. Oh well, it's the fact we were out there that counts right? a couple peeled off from there as they had run long yesterday. From there, we proceeded North, down the dam hill up and over Bingham hill to Overland trail. On the way back we did encounter snow flurries of all things! No surprise...then it was back up the dam hill and the roller coaster that is the route. Once back at the car the one other person doing 20 and I dropped what we didn't need and finished off the last three miles. That was a tough hilly 20.

But as the temperatures got better and no sign of wind I jumped on the bike for a couple of hours and somehow ended up going back UP the dam hill!! Wow, once on foot, once on bike. Crazy, crazy...so, with that, I think I'm ready as far as Boston goes though not really an 'A' race, still would like to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment