Abbey...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Boulder Distance Carnival


Boulder Rez, Boulder CO.

Today was my day to give back something (help wise) to the running community and with that, it was off to "The Rez" to pitch in at the 9th annual Boulder Distance Carnival.

My "job" today was pretty simple as it was two years ago. Pace the lead runner(s) in the 15k. On my bike of course as there would be no way I'd even be remotely close on foot! you kidding me?


And with that, we were off! Earlier though as I was getting ready I saw 3x (and current) Iron(wo)man Chrissie Wellington run by me. Wow, Chrissie. And only in Boulder! where was my camera when I needed it. Oh well.

After some 52 min's or so I was back to the Rez with the lead runner and to say he was bookin' would be an understatement. The dude was flying! after everyone - friends included got back in it was time to help sweep the course and close the aid stations. It was then that I saw Chrissie running back into the Rez. This time I would not be denied as I grabbed my camera and as we were approaching the first aid station we passed her up as believe it or not, she was walking! nice, nice to see she's human as well. I asked her if she'd like some water and or gatorade which she took me up on. It was then when I wondered if she was cool with having a picture taken with me, and without a hesitation...my day was made!! woohoo. The girl by far has one of the best personalities around. Thanks Chrissie.

After clean up it was time to do a few loops around the rez on the MTB and with that, I was off.


My favorite site...

No comments:

Post a Comment