Abbey...

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Race Across the Sky Week 17 & 18

What a last couple of weeks it has been. And I do apologize for being late...

Needless to say, there have been some highs, lows, and ends...I guess I can start with the high the other week of 101 miles in a week. THAT, is a first. Not that I was shooting for it but when the chance to do it came, I took it.

Low in the last couple of weeks would be the passing of Caballo Blanco. And while most of us in the running, ultra running community know the name, I got to meet "The Man" last summer while up in Leadville for the Silver Rush 50 miler.
He was staying at the house (or right next door) where some of my friends (picture above) were staying and just so happened to appear for dinner followed by cake and drinks after. By far one of the nicest and coolest people one would want to meet. He lived his life on his terms. RIP Caballo, you are sorely missed...

On another note, I've closed on my house here in Ft.Collins. After 13.5 yrs it's no longer mine. I have rented it back for the month till I can close on my place in Boulder. A lot of memories here, but...truly time to close this chapter in my life and begin a new one. Last but not least...my running streak came to an end yesterday at 126 days straight. Oh sure I could have continued but the goal all along was only 100. And with that monkey off my back I might sleep in one of these mornings. Well, we'll see if Abbey buys into that. Ok, with that said and done, I'll try and be on time this coming week. RunStrong!

~Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment