Abbey...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Race Across the Sky Week 16

SPRING TIME!
For most, it's usually their birthday or Christmas but for me, the first day of Spring is mine! It's the sign of the times that ol'man Winter is GONE and nature returns in the form of green grass, flowers, birds etc...

This past week was one of "rest" as I was still getting over the 90 miler followed by a 60 miler. So, I only covered a pedestrian 44 which included the Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab UT.

Conditions this year in no way resembled those of two years ago. This time around it was WINDY & HOT. I went into the run with the mindset of running a 1:28 and change as I've felt that workouts would lead to that. Needless to say, mother nature had other plans. With that said, and knowing where I needed to be time wise to pull this off, I had no choice but to run in "packs" and keep an eye on my Garmin ensuring that I was on schedule. That worked for the first 9 ~9.5 miles then I was pretty much on my own, and by then, it got Hot! Now, not that I don't like heat but, coming from CO it was just winter the other day if you know what I mean. But, everyone was presented with the same conditions so...no PR but managed to place 2nd in age group and I'll take that. This year. Next? Aside from that, the house has sold. A lot of memories in the 13 years of living there but it's time for change. And while Boulder may not be "new" to me, it will be. RunStrong,

~Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment