Abbey...

Monday, March 12, 2012

Race Across the Sky, Week 15

Ouch! after a 90 mile week before, I "toned" it down to a more civilian distance of 60 this past one which I know was still to much to soon...

This Saturday (10th) I met up with the Boulder/Ft.Collins trail runners at Lory State Park. Most all were up for the full 26 but I had to bail at the top of Towers and get back home. This still gave me 15 for the day which somehow as more than I probably needed knowing I was hoping on 22 for Sunday the 11th. And yes, not only did I know it was going to be rough going on Sunday, I bailed from the group run to try and break the run down into two 10 milers. Needless to say, I was fried after 10 and opted to call it a day as it was just not worth it no matter how much I wanted the miles. So instead, I drove to Boulder and rode.

This morning (12th) I was still somewhat in a little "discomfort" but instead of running...I walked it! yep, walked it. And while yeah, I'm sure I could have ran, just felt that as long as I was out on my feet for an hour, it's all good. I mean, I know they'll be some walking in Leadville so might as well get used to it. And for once, instead of lolligaging behind me, Abbey was in front the whole way and loving it! Next up...Canyon Lands 1/2 in Moab. RunStrong,

~Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment