Abbey...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"The Day..."

May 18. while this day has always been "my day" this one I was not looking forward to for some time as it was a "big one" so to speak. No need to know what the number in front of the one is either. But, doesn't take one to probably guess.

This was to be a day off of work, a day to do what I enjoy the most. And with that, I set of on my bike for a nice leisure ride till I felt my rear wheel go soft. Damn, Another flat! needless to say, that was number three in the last two days and not the way I wanted to start my day. So, with only one spare (usually have two) with me it was time to head home. After cleaning up a blood soaked hand from trying to change a flat (no questions please) it was of to Boulder (pic to the left) with Abbey to hike in and around the flatirons area. One of my fav's.

And while the day was a little overcast, the temperature was actually very nice! I over dressed with a long sleeve shirt that's for sure.

Aftewards, I headed over to the Boulder Running Co. (BRC) to pick up my bib and t-shirt for the Bolder Boulder and to purchase a pair of shoes that I desperately needed. Henry knowing it was A- my birthday (his is today) and being manager of the store comped me a pair! Woohoo, thanks bud. Once back home I tried to take a nap to no avail :( must have been that large coffee with the huge cookie and all the sugar with it as I was unable too.

From there, it was off to meet the running group then to Old C's for dinner. I arrived in a hailstorm to say the least as the sky's opened up big time! It was about 45 min's later that we got going as we waited for someone that was running late. The run was cut short as we had some people already over at Old C's waiting which was fine by me. Nice dinner followed by another pair of shoes AND a "voucher" for the cheese cake of my choice. All in all, a nice day made nicer by most of my friends. Thanks all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment