Abbey...

Monday, May 17, 2010

Ft.Collins Triathlon

May 16th 2010.
Fort Collins, CO.

What would have been my last race before the "big one" I decided I'd rather go cheer on and take a few shots of my friends racing instead.

So with that, I met both Troy and Beka over at the Epic center where the swim was to take place Sunday morning. And while I do love to compete more than just about anything, it really felt good to be there to lend them a hand and be a cheerleader AND run pacer for the day.

Troy had one of the first if not the first start times and was one of the first exiting to T1, swim to bike. After what seemed like an eternity, he was off for three laps.

Beka was to start about 25 min's later. So with that I made my

up to the main straight-a-way to cheer and shoot. Troy looked super fast on his "Red Baron" Specialized TT bike for sure on lap two as Beka came around the bend to start her first of three laps. From there, I'd told them both that I would do the best to pace them in on the run as I know how painful of an experience it can truly be!

I met Troy just in the nick of time, and off we went. I did my best to motivate him to keep chasing anyone that was in front of us. And while it may have cost me two beers, it was worth it.

By then, it was time to trot back and bring Beka in. I met her at about 3/4 of a mile into the run and from there we proceeded to go after some one that she'd mention was in her division/age bracket. It wasn't before long we went by her and proceeded to do better (at least in my opinion) with each mile. And while I've ran with Beka in the past this by far was the best I've seen her ever fly! and while we may have been past by only two others it didn't matter as they were not in her division. After they both finished we knew Troy had wrapped up 3rd but no idea on Beka as they were slow in getting her results. Long story sort, Beka like Troy ended up 3rd as well for the day! Woohoo! congrats to the two of you.

Now it was time for me to get a ride in on this magnificent day! Well done you two.

No comments:

Post a Comment