Abbey...

Monday, February 27, 2012

Race Across the Sky Week 13


Hi all, and sorry for the week off but with the house selling, me buying, then my buyers loan doesn't get approved it's been hectic times to say the least. House is back no the market so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

Though I have to admit the morning after I was told that my buyer didn't get their loan was the hardest run as it felt like someone had taken a 2 x 4 and wham! However, I've done all I can and will take this as far as I can.

With that said, runs have been good! as I write this I'm about a week away from 100 day's in a row! woohoo!! don't ask why as it just started and I kept going. There will be no day 101 if you know what I mean...

Yesterday, the 26th was my first "real" long run of the year. The plan was 30 miles. I met Michelle M by my house and was fortunate to have her for 5 miles from the start as I was heading up to the Bud plant to meet some peeps for what was supposed to be 20. Needless to say in all the 30 plus years I've been running have only come close once to the conditions that we encountered. There was a point running (crawling would best describe it) that I looked down at my Garmin and we were clocking a whomping 13:30 minute mile! Just Crazy!!

We only ended up doing 17 and high tailed it back to the car and home. It truly was brutal!! however, once home, I ate a little bit and took Abbey out to finish what I had started as I've tried not to let anything get in the way when I've a long day like this planned. This was huge for the "bank" if you know what I mean. RunStrong all!

~Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment