Abbey...

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Where has Summer Gone?

...I ask myself. Well, here it is September already! And with this month's weekends planned out it won't be long before...

Since my return from Europe my yards have suffered as I've been out and about with Abbey (seen here on 14'er #4 for her) most weekends camping and taking her up 14ers with me. To date she has done five this summer with hopefully a couple more before the snow and cold set in.

This coming weekend we are headed up to do Mt.Sopris outside of Carbondale/Aspen. And while it might not be a "14er" it's one of those peaks like Rainier that just stand out and beg to be hiked! so we are. As for the rest I had the honor of helping out, pacing a couple of friends at the Leadville Trail 100 where they, Cat and Dan both ran their butt's off and finished way beyond their expectations!


Congrats to the two of you!! still in Awe of what you've accomplished. Would I do a 100 miler? I think 50 would be fine for this kid. I'll stick to crewing and pacing. For now... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment