Abbey...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Race Across the Sky; week 7

The other day that I wrote I'd been somewhat mentally beaten down by the weather. Cold, grey, overcast. Today (or, yesterday as I write this Sunday morning) you could not have asked for a nicer day from sunrise to sunset. One word. Perfect.

This morning as with every morning the first few miles were with Abbey. After dropping her off at the house I know I only needed ten for the day to put me at 60 for the week. But as the sun was coming up and I kept going it just felt better and better. The thought of Thursday was but a distant memory. I've learned throughout 30 plus years that not every day will be 'great' but if somehow you can just grind through them the sun as it has for millions of years will come up tomorrow, and with that, another chance.

And today was truly it. I ended the morning with a total of 12 Great miles! everything clicked. After a quick breakfast, it was off to ride with the group from Peloton. Today's route was counter clockwise of what we normally do, i.e. we'd hit the hills first instead of at the end, but that was ok, I was warmed up, pumped up so either way worked for me. A few hours in the saddle under some of the nicest conditions (at least on the bike) capped off a great morning! so good that I didn't take my usual nap as the Olympic Marathon trials were on t.v.

From there, it was over to Shannon & Megs to pick up "Unbreakable" (Western States 100) followed by a couple glasses of vino with Danny & Diane. Great day. Week total-62 Total-330.

Runstrong,

~Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment