Abbey...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Race Across the Sky, Week 9

Sunday January 29th.
"Somehow it happened... Hard to say when. But one look in the mirror and it was obvious. Life had caught up to you. So you did the only thing any self-respecting adult could do. You ran away. Only this time it worked. And the farther you ran, the better it worked. So you've never stopped running. And you've never seen that person in your mirror again."
Today, or shall I say yesterday as I'm a day behind I headed down to Boulder to help out at the Fast and Furry-est race. Though I would have love to have done it as the course was a true Cross Country course, my help was needed as a pacer for the races. Pacers as in on a bike as there was no way I was about to hang with either of the womans or mens race leaders. The kids race...maybe. The morning dawned cool but clear and beautiful. Needless to say some of the course consisted of a couple inches of "thick" grass which I have to say kicked my ass (and I'm in pretty good cycling shape folks) but it was like riding through sand!! it certainly worked me over and then some!

And after almost getting "chicked" the girl who took it out right from the start (Lauren?) I definitely made sure I had a gap for the guys if you know what I mean! none the less, it was good to see some of the Boulder peeps which I hope to be joining soon. My house went up and on the market (finally) this week. Now, if I can get a buyer...stay tuned.

This week also marked week number two at 70 miles. Needless to say, I don't know what hit me yesterday but I slept 10 hours last night and struggled to get out the door (2 hours) but once out, I got going. 11 miles on foot, 48 on bike and not a damn thing around the house with the exception of ironing some things for the week! Oh well, that's why I'm looking to downsize so I don't have to do anything!

All in all, a good week and a pretty good month to start the year! week total: 70 Total total: 259 for the month. Still seems like a small amount...RunStrong,

~Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment