Abbey...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Race Across the Sky. Week 8

This week marked a first. In the 30 years that I've been running I don't ever recall going 50 day's straight with out a break from running. And while I know a couple years ago I went three months straight that was either a run ride or swim. And while I never set out to do this...oh well!

This morning Abbey and I did a jaunt up Tower Rd at O'dark thirty (actually 6:00a.m.). For some reason, though it would have been lighter out there but it took a good 30 min's before I could make out the trail! On the way down I ran (no pun intended) into a group of the FC women trail runners, as well as a phenomenal sunrise (pic to the left). Still one of my favorite things in the world. This coupled with 3 miles before gave me 70 for the week as well. Again, don't think I've ever pushed that number at this time of year! but, I'll take it. Everything so far feels good. Woohoo! Afterwards I hooked up with my friend Carlos and his peeps for a good solid 52 miles on the bike. I have to say that the first hour or so was sooo miserable as I froze my A** of and cursing the damn clouds blocking the sun. Needless to say, the sun did peek out every now and then which felt soooo nice!

Ok, well, guess I need to get something done around the house as it's listed to sell. Weekly total: 70. Total, total: 400. doesn't seem much does it? RunStrong,

~Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment