Abbey...

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Nobody should cry on Christmas...

Christmas Day, 2011;

You may be wondering about today's title. Well, sometimes we wish for something and when we get it...in my case, I received a message from someone who while I don't see and talk to these days, doesn't mean things have changed how I feel. Needless to say, tough start to Christmas. I miss her. But, enough of the self pity party.

Today marked the 3rd annual Bob V & Abbey Christmas run. This is the third year - obviously, since Bob had surgery and began his journey back

to the running scene. Needless to say, to this day I remind him that there was a time I whooped up on him. Today Dan Jones joined in on the run as well, which consisted of some Horsetooth hills followed by a few miles with Abbey. After all, this is her run as well. Temperatures were clear, cool to start but as soon as we headed up the first hill it warmed up fast! Dan has done the Leadville 100 (I actually paced him the last 13.5) in 2010, and have asked if he would return the favor this Summer. Though I'll most likely give him a tougher leg. However, I value his experience and glad he accepted the offer. Merry Christmas, run strong,

~Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment