Abbey...

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Race Across The Sky. Week 3

Christmas Eve, 2011...
Hi all! well, here we are again. Christmas. Where has the year gone? and yes, I know, we still have one week left but...

This week started off with a run up Towers Rd this past Sunday as it's been a while since I've been there and know that if one really want's to climb...this is the place. Of course, I didn't tell Abbey that but being the trooper she is she didn't complain. Only wish she understood when I told her to save her energy as she'll need it for later! oh well, can't say I didn't try.

This being December is usually the time and month when I tell myself that I need to back of somewhat and give it a break yet, here it is and have put in another 50 mile week. However, with the temperatures being what they have been, it's been to damn cold to ride. So, I run. Needless to say I only got in one ride (last Sunday). But things will change as we have officially hit Winter, woohoo, which means the sun has gone as far South as it will and is now on it's way back North.

Today I, we, headed down to North Boulder Park to do some Cross Country Skiing and test out snow shoes as well. Needless to say, the price was right - free! and the city of Boulder grooms the trails as well. Can't beat that. And the fact that the sun was out made it all that much better. This coming week I don't plan to keep the "streak" of 50 mile weeks up as I know my enthusiasm for Leadville has gotten the best of me and know it's a long road ahead of me and no need to kill myself at this stage. Weekly total: 50. Total, total...155. for the year....dunno, need to add up.


Merry Christmas everybody.

~Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment