Abbey...

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Race Across the Sky Week 1.

While it's dubbed "The Race Across The Sky" I won't be racing anyone come August 19th and 20th. It's just me and the clock and the course. And while I've set a couple of goals the real goal is to finish this beast and not look anything like the picture on the left there.

Week one training as with everyweek ends on a Saturday. This weeks total consisted of 55 miles. Needless to say, this was the week I signed up and no doubt a little "enthusiasm" had somewhat to do with that. I will keep training consistent as this is only December and have been down this road before. I will incorporate bike rides as well as it give me a break of the pounding of the pavement while at the same time keeping the cardio going. As long as the weather is warm of course!

I will also be doing a few snowshoe races and XC skiing (classic) as well this winter again, just to break up the monotony that comes with long distance, ultra training. Anyway, that's it for now, time to eat, change and get ready to ride.

~Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment