Abbey...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Race to the sky week 4...Time to keep moving.

Well, here it is, New years eve (morning) just having finished up my last run of the year. Needless to say, it went out roaring like a lion with 40/50 mph wind gusts and some precipitation. All good none the less. Though Abbey might have other thoughts.

And as I shift my thoughts forward, I do have to look back on a pretty amazing year both travel and running/race wise. After putting it on the back burner for over twenty years, I finally boarded that plane to Nepal. This had been one that I'd planned on and kept putting off in favor of other destinations. And while I really can't sum it up in few lines, the wait was certainly worth it. From Kathmandu to Everest Base camp. One of these days if there is enough interest I'll have a slide show.

My goal this year run, race wise was an ultra marathon. "A" race was to be Leadville 50 miler with a couple other bears leading up to it. Those other two being Big Horn 50k and Leadville marathon all within a few weeks span of each other. What was I thinking? I guess when you are sitting on the couch in the dead of winter it sounds easy. But truth be told, easy was not what I was looking for when I signed up for them. This was also a year in which after 30 plus years of running and racing that I had more firsts than any other placing! Not that my age bracket is any less competitive than the rest, because as anyone will argue, they are all tough!! from 5k's to 200 miles (WWR, thanks Stumblers) it truly was a stellar year.

This coming year...well, I guess it's time. Leadville 100 foot race. And while I always said "never" to those who know me, well...never say never. And those that have read the prior Blogs know that this is what I'm shooting for. A - finish, B- be it a positive journey and experience and finally, if it all falls into place, and this is the toughest one... C -under 25 hours. This weeks total: 56 miles. Total total: 211. Happy New year all. Runstrong,

~Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment